Public libraries are important facilities, experiencing increasing demands from patrons with more leisure time and rising expectations for educational and personal achievement.
The Cobb County Public Library System is the third largest in the state, operating seventeen service outlets:
- a Central Library/Headquarters facility
- sixteen branch locations geographically-distributed throughout the County
Approximately 700,000 books and audiovisual materials are housed in these facilities. Reference and information services are provided both in traditional book format as well as CD-ROM information technology.
System-wide services include:
- reference and information
- interlibrary loans
- programs for children and adults
- free library cards to Cobb County residents and property owners.
- a general collection that includes books, magazines, newspapers, audio, video cassettes, and compact discs.
The Georgia Room at the Central Library contains local history and genealogical materials for Cobb County, the State of Georgia, and the Southeastern United States.
Serving the City of Austell, the Sweetwater Valley Library branch is located at 5000 Austell-Powder Springs Road, Suite 123 and can be reached at (770) 819-3290. This branch consists of approximately 5,200 square feet with 22,000 books.
Cobb County Public Library -
Sweetwater Valley Branch
Austell, Georgia 30106