The City of Austell Code of Ordinances requires all persons or businesses doing business in the City of Austell to pay and annual business tax (often referred to as a business license). The payment of the business tax is required to the commencement of business in the City of Austell.
After payment of the annual business tax, the business will receive a certificate which shows evidence that the applicable tax has been paid for the period indicated on the certificate. This certificate must be displayed conspicuously in the place of business The certificate does not indicate clearance or approval for zoning, fire code, occupancy, or any other City, County, State, or Federal permit or license which may be required. It is the responsibility of the business that it is in compliance with all legal requirements. Renewal notices for the certificate are mailed to the business; however, the burden of timely payment is upon the taxpayer.
Privilege License: $100.00 non-refundable application fee
- Late Fee: $50.00
- 1 to 9 Employees: $125.00
- 10 to 19 Employees: $175.00
- 20 to 49 Employees: $200.00
- 50 or More Employees: $350.00
Guidelines for Privilege License
Anyone conducting the following types of business within the City of Austell is required to obtain a privilege license.
- alcohol sales
- limousine service
- pawn shop
- taxi/cab service
- wrecker service
1. Privilege licenses are not pro-rated.
2. A copy of applicants drivers' license will be required.
3. Filing fee of $100.00 will be required at time of application. Fee is non-refundable.
4. A background check will be conducted by the Austell Police Department.
5. All privilege licenses requires Mayor and City Council approval.
6. Approval time is normally 30 to 90 days.
Please contact the Community Development office at (770) 944-4309 to inquire about business licenses.
Application for Business License
Commericial Business Self-Inspection Checklist